17/02/2016

Woman Delivered Quintuplets (5 Babies) In Ibadan + Husband Cries For Help


On Monday, a 28-year old woman, Sakirat Rasaq, delivered five babies (three boys and two girls) at the University College Hospital, Ibadan on Monday.
The quintuplets were born at hospital’s special-care baby unit.
Father of the babies, Alfa Yusuf Ewenje, 32, who is a full-time Islamic cleric, adding that his wife was referred to the UCH from Adeoyo State Hospital, Ibadan after they did the scan which shows that his wife was having five babies.

The couple, who already had two children – Umoor (5) and Mistura (3) – lives in the Ijokodo area of Ibadan.


Although Ewenje expressed happiness at the birth of the babies, he said he would need help from well-meaning Nigerians and the Oyo State Government to cater for his large family.
He said, “The situation we found ourselves has exhausted our savings and with five additional children to our family, I need help to feed this family.
“My dream is for them to be leaders in this country, so that no matter my present situation, people will know them for good.
“Though, I am greatly handicapped now because I only make living out of my Quranic teaching class, I want well-meaning people to come to my aid.
“I am using this medium to appeal to the Governor of Oyo State, Abiola Ajimobi, and his wife, Florence, Minister of Health, Prof. Isaac Adewole, and the Federal Government to come to my aid so that my joy won’t turn sour.”

- Punch

 

No comments:

Post a Comment